HAFIDAH AMAN HASHIM
Tel: +603-2092 4822
Hafidah advises on matters related to both Islamic and conventional banking and finance and also advises foreign and local companies in respect of various corporate and commercial matters including mergers and acquisitions of listed and non-listed entities, listings of public companies, joint ventures, consortium agreements involving foreign and multinational companies, leasing agreements and conveyancing matters.
Hafidah has advised CIMB Bank Berhad, Malayan Banking Berhad, Kuwait Finance House, Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad, Alliance Islamic Bank Berhad, Bank Islam, Bank Muamalat, RHB Bank, Citibank, Malaysia Building Society Berhad and Bank Pembangunan Dan Infrastruktur Malaysia Berhad in their respective corporate and retail Islamic and conventional financing documentation including drafting the banks’ standard financing documents for their various Islamic banking products. She also advises and conducts due diligence investigations in respect of acquisitions, IPO’s, restructuring and other corporate exercises and advises various developers such as Symphony Life Berhad, Sime Darby, UDA, Pr1ma, I&P and Sunway Berhad involving amalgamation, sub-division and transfer of land matters and also development and sale of their respective housing and commercial development projects.
Prior to joining the firm, Hafidah was with Messrs Zaid Ibrahim & Co. where she was a senior associate in charge of various banking and finance matters, both Islamic and conventional, locally and internationally. She also advised on corporate and commercial matters including capital markets and mergers and acquisitions. Before joining Messrs Zaid Ibrahim & Co, Hafidah was practicing with Messrs Rashid & Lee where she was involved in advising on corporate and commercial law and banking finance matters.
Prior to joining Messrs Rashid & Lee, Hafidah was a legal executive with Malayan Banking Berhad’s legal department before she left to chamber and thereafter, practice at Messrs Riza Leong & Partners. At Riza Leong, Hafidah assisted in the banking and conveyancing department before eventually being made head of the department. She also has some experience in minor litigation matters.
Amongst the matters she was involved in were,
- advising foreign and local underwriters with respect to the local and international underwriting and placement agreements;
- advising oil and gas companies on various corporate matters;
- acquisition of the shares of several local and foreign biotechnology and diagnostic companies;
- drafting and advising joint lead arrangers and syndicated lenders on various syndicated financing facilities;
- advised several financial institutions in their financing agreements locally and abroad;
- advised several public listed companies in their various corporate exercises;
- drafting and advising a Turkish company with respect to the USD600 million Sukuk Al Ijarah Wa Intifa’ facility for the financing of the construction of 100,000 homes in Turkey;
- drafting and providing legal assistance on Islamic trade financing facilities granted by several financial institutions to various companies; and
- advised various housing developers in their housing projects ranging from high end condominiums, landed and niche development schemes including underwriting agreements.
Education & Qualifications
Hafidah graduated with an LL.B (Honours) from the University of Hull, United Kingdom and was admitted to practice in Malaysia in 1995.
She chambered at Messrs Riza Leong & Partners and was called to the Malaysian Bar in 1995.