FATIN HANANI BINTI ISMAIL
Tel: +603-2092 4822
Fatin is currently working with Puan Sharifah Shafika Alsagoff. She has been assisting the partner and the senior associate in documentation and corporate work. She also assists in corporate banking, both Islamic and conventional and conveyancing matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Fatin was previously a legal assistant in Putri Norlisa Chair, where she was exposed to various corporate and commercial matters.
Amongst the matters that Fatin has been exposed to include:
- Advising a government-linked private equity firm on the acquisition of a logistics company.
- Advising Malakoff Corp Bhd (“MCB”) on the due diligence activity for the issuance of unrated perpetual sukuk under the shariah principle of Wakalah Bi Al-Istithmar by Tanjung Bin Energy Sdn Bhd with an unconditional and irrevocable subordinated cash deficiency support from MCB (“Sukuk Wakalah”).
- Advising Felda Global Ventures Holdings Berhad and its group of companies on the due diligence activity in relation to the existing recurrent related party transactions and the new recurrent related party transactions.
- Advising a foreign company on the due diligence activity on the acquisition of a wholly owned UK company (Malaysia branch)
- The proposed expansion of franchise business operation by a foreign franchisor in Malaysia;
- Acting on behalf of Developer in the rectification of mismatched strata titles involving an apartment and landed properties; and
- The documentation process for various financing facilities granted by financial institutions and Islamic financial institutions to its borrower/customer.
Education & Qualifications
Fatin graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (Honours) from National University of Malaysia (UKM) in November 2016. Thereafter, she read in the Chambers of Albar & Partners and was called to the Malaysian Bar on 21st July 2017.